Wednesday 19 November 2008

When cravings come up…

I have been experiencing strong food cravings. I have a strong sense that this is not linked to nutritional deficiency, as within my raw diet I am developing preferences for certain foods at certain times which do seem to be nutrient linked. For example, right now I am eating raw garlic on salads, daily. I take this to be a healthy, appropriate choice, responding to my body’s genuine requirements. At the same time, I have urges for foods that have limited nutritional value, such as cheese, sausage rolls (?) and chocolate biscuits. I feel certain that this is emotional as these foods are inert and fatty. The effect of eating such foods is to create heaviness in the body and dullness in the mind. If we are to become light, loving joyful beings; channels of spirit and source energy, then we need to support ourselves and facilitate this through food choices. This the fundamental rationale of the raw food diet as it relates to me and my life’s journey. Gabriel Cousens explores this perspective thoroughly in Spiritual Nutrition. I am also waiting for Angela Stokes to publish Raw Emotions in hard copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment