Wednesday 4 March 2009

Travelling in the Raw

I have a long day of travel tommorrow, a car ride, train journey, 2 flights and a taxi, taking me to Goa where I will be teaching drop-in yoga classes at a retreat centre during March.
Naturally as a raw fooder one's thoughts turn to the exciting prospect of fresh young coconuts, papaya and pineapple in abundance. My intention is to have a fruit based diet as that will be what surrounds me.
To stay in balance I just invested in a huge jar of Udo's Choice Beyond Greens,enthusiastically promoted by the healthstore owner in town today and with 100% free it seemed to be a wise choice. Contains a dazzling selection of nutritional components including EFA's and digestive enzymes. I'm also taking a jar of bee pollen and my regular batch of supplements which includes MSM and a good pro-biotic.
As regards the journey itself my aim is to travel light, to allow my digestive system to take it easy,and to stay hydrated. So I'll be carrying grapes, cherry tomatoes and strawberries as Gaia has formed them conveniently into bite-size pieces. Maybe a banana or two if I can eat them before they turn squishy & brown in my hand luggage! Half a dozen mini-bottles of Evian and maybe a green juice in a thermos if time and space permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment