Friday 16 January 2009

From solid to liquid


I realise that my diet is becoming increasingly... liquid It is now common for me to have a juice at breakfast and lunchtime and one green and one sweet(fruit) smoothie later on, with maybe one 'meal' at midday, such as a raw pasta salad. I can see how I have reached this point, several factors have lead me here.

Firstly, along with many others experiencing winter in the northern hemisphere, my energy levels are lower at this time of year. Vitality and immununity levels are prone to dip and we are more vulnerabe to the effects of stress. I often find myself without the physical and mental energy to chop, peel and combine raw food in endlessly fascinating ways!

Secondly, working as a yoga teacher and massage therapist this is a busy time of year; I tend to pick up new clients as the New Year = healthy body phenomenom kicks into gear. And there is cover work available as yoga teachers head back to India to refresh themselves and their practice. So time has become a factor, what can be faster than shoving a handful of greens in a blender with a banana and handful of grapes and flicking the switch? It's the ultimate fast food.

In addition, I have been absorbing a lot of raw wisdom from the wonderful teachers out there. And understanding that I want to take a lot more greens in, I want to kick my dried fruit habit; which means eating fresh whole fruit, and in this regard I find it more interesting to bung it in the blender, adding superfoods and hemp protein powder and enjoying the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment