Sunday 4 January 2009

Raw pecan pie mini bites: they taste too good!


I was bored, a little restless and rummaging around in my kitchen cupboards.Right now have a dried fruit mini-mountain. Dates and pecans, hmm what can I make with that? As a raw foodist the answer is a simple one: stick it in the blender, give it a whizz and see what happens. I also added some coconut chips and cinnamon. The mixture blended easily but came out a little dry. On a second attempt I would pre-soak, possibly in fresh orange juice and maybe add a little zest for sweet zinginess. In this instance I added a little flax oil for pliability and formed patties by cupping the mixture in my palms. Decorating with pecan halves seemed appropriate. I have to say that they taste too good; which means I will be sharing amongst my housemates to prevent a scoff-athon.

No comments:

Post a Comment