Thursday 22 January 2009

Sweet simplicity :my new blue salt pig

For a while now whilst preparing food, I've found myself fumbling around in my kitchen reaching into cupboards, rummaging around for the salt, often with greasy fingers. It would take me so long to locate it and frankly, the time spent unscrewing the jar was slowing me down!
It ocurred to me to buy a salt pig. I find the name whimsical and the shape of these items is pleasingly round. I have a raw kitchen equipment lust list,this item was clearly at the lower end of the price range, I decided to invest.
The most beautiful example I found were on Etsy, (where else?), hand thrown and hand glazed stoneware from a US seller.
I did the ethical thing and had a poke around Ebay and pretty soon I found a used blue salt pig,complete with teeeny spoon,I had to have it and ended up bidding £4.70 which I'm sure would have been fairly close to the new price.
Newly installed in my kitchen, my salt(pink himalayan)is always close to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment