Friday 2 January 2009

Raw apple pie

Joseph had invited me to make banana bread with him as he had a huge pile of bargain ripe bananas. I too had banana abundance resulting from my pre-Christmas panic buying. Joe had pre-soaked golden flaxseed with dates and spices. This mixture was blended until smooth. Then he he added coconut chips that had been passed through a manual blender. I folded the mixture, it felt quite stiff, which was then poured onto a pie dish and smoothed over with a palette knife and dehydrated.

I blended some dates with fresh apple juice and ginger and added cinnamon to taste. The mixture was spread over the base. Then I sliced apples quite thinly and tossed in lemon juice before covering the surface. To finish I dusted some ground mixed seeds on top. Lush!

No comments:

Post a Comment