Wednesday 7 January 2009

What I am eating


I got an email a few days ago from a yoga client who eats high raw. We often chat about the raw diet. She wrote, "I am really intrigued as to know what sort of raw food you are eating."
It's a good question. There seems to be a great variety amongst raw foodists: perhaps one is into superfoods, another juice feasting, you may be a forager or gourmet.
I would say that my diet has changed a great deal and continues to change. I have been 100% raw for 3 (lunar) months and there is so much to explore. I do prefer to eat regular meals, in a traditional manner.
Right now I take a grapefruit ginger juice for breakfast along with whatever fruit tempts me: today a papaya, some strawberries and a couple of kiwis. Lunch is salad, boosted with seaweed and soaked seeds and courgette spaghetti made in my new Spirali. I'm into making a rich tomato sauce-dressing that I can keep for a couple of days in the fridge. I usually snack on fruit and dried fruit during the afternoon, I am trying to keep a lid on my dried fruit habit and wonder if I ate more at breakfast I would feel less the urge to snack. It could equally be habit. Evenings I eat a kind of raw oriental veg meal, much like a stir-fry, dressed in ginger, nama shoyu and sesame seeds. I often have a green juice also, or a smoothie. I try to eat early ie around 6pm so that I go to sleep with an empty stomach so I can really benefit from sleep and let the body truly rest and repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment