Monday 16 February 2009

Further adventures of a mylk maid

So much of the raw food diet involves thought and pre-planning. Example. If I want buckwheat burgers on Friday, I'll have to dehydrate them on Thursday night, so 'll need to start soaking on Tuesday... There are times when planning is the order of the day, it helps to be organised to make a success of this lifestyle.
However I really enjoy those spontaneous moments when an unexpected food urge kicks in and I feel moved to create something new and now!
So in one moment I'm sitting at the laptop browsing yoga books on Amazon and in the next I've sprung up and headed to the blender. Inspired to create brazil nut mylk for the first time. I went straight for smoothieville. Here's how I did it:
Take 1/4 cup whole brazils
spring water
1 ripe banana
1 large medjool date
1 tspb maca powder
a little cinnamon powder
Blend!
It seems that brazil nuts do not require pre-soaking, although this remains a matter of opinion, so this can be created at a moment's notice. My first thought was to pre-blend the nuts separately in water, intending to squeeze through muslin and de-pulp the mixture, however this didnt seem necessary. Brill!Even simpler and faster!
I have been hitting the banana smoothies somewhat in recent weeks. Just right for mid-afternoon when you are feeling peckish. The sweet creaminess makes this feel like a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment