Friday 27 February 2009

Mini juice feast Day 1 of 3

Well truly an ecstatic beginning to the day, fuelled mainly by positive feelings of excitement and anticipation which kicked in way before the actual juicing begun.
My personality adores variety and here is another way to play with my food, experience myself and my responses to food and bring full awareness to that.
I feel safely contained by the parameters I have set myself ie as a 3 day feast, the end is already in sight. I feel that if I had set myself a longer feasting period it would have felt overwhelming. I hope to learn a few nuts and bolts so to speak about juice feasting and who knows, there could be a next time of a longer duration.
I am consciously avoiding the term challenge; I don't feel the need to challenge myself. I view juice feasting as an exploration, a potential healing and above all an act of self-love.

Here's what I juiced:
1lb spinach,1 head curly lettuce, 1 head broccoli, 2 grapefruit, 3 oranges, 6 small apples, punnet raspberries, 2 beets, 4 carrots, 1/2 pineapple, 1 lime, ginger root, 1 tsp bee pollen.

Today's fave juice:pineapple & spinach.

Experienced cravings for solid food around 3pm, which is usually smoothie & dried fig time. These passed quite quickly. Took a hot bath and re-read Angela Stokes' Juice feasting handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment