Thursday 26 February 2009

Preparing for mini juice feast

I'm preparing for a mini juice feast, my first, starting tomorrow. I feel excited and positive about venturing into this new dimension of the raw lifestyle.
In a nutshell,juice feasting involves preparing and consuming 4 litres of juice on a daily basis.
Successful juice feasters cite weightloss, increased radiance, sense of spiritual connectedness and detoxification as someof the benefits.
I very much feel that I am heading into something unknown, that I don't have specific intended outcomes in mind,just a burning curiosity to see how it unfolds for me.
I am aware of the Global Juice Feast kicking off on March 1st and wish all those juice feasters well. I am not in a position to embark on a 92 day programme, it feels more appropriate to start small with a manageable amount of time hence 3 days; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These are work free days and I'm keeping my social calendar clear.
So far my preparation has involved:
- Setting my intention and gathering information and inspiration
- Communicating my plan to others and receiving support and motivation
- Clearing a space in my diary
- Eating up/giving away fresh foods unsuitable for juicing
- Deep cleaning my kitchen and fridge to acknowledge the deep cleaning of my insides!
- Shopping for an abundance of fresh produce
- Booking a spa appointment for a body exfoliation when the feast concludes.
There may be other things that I think of to do. Excitement!

More info on juice feasting at www.juicefeasting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment