Friday 12 December 2008

Addicted to sugar?

On his blog today, Keving Gianni set the question ' Are you addicted to sugar?' Wow what a hot topic, certainly amongst raw vegans and all those who are developing a conscious relationship with food. Sugar pacifies and dopes me. I love sweet foods. Hmm maybe they don't love me back. However, I don't find it helpful to think of myself in terms of being I addicted, the law of attraction operates in such a way as to create reality to reflect our thoughts. Addiction. What a loaded term. There's a really heavy mind set that goes with addiction, to do with loss of control, destructive behaviour, self blame and wanting to be something other than one is in the present moment. I prefer to take a more self-empowered standpoint; such as 'in the past I have chosen to eat sugar rich food'. I can no longer stand divided against myself, wherein I have a choice of attitudes, good behaviours = good me, bad behaviours = bad me. Self love, that's where it's at. Love is all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment