Wednesday 10 December 2008

Adventures in juicing

I have found out from my blog stats that I am getting a lot of hits to a post that mentions juicing. As I have been getting more experimental lately, I'll share my experiences now. It's because in British mid-winter I lack the motivation to trek into town, up and down a hill to shop for food. It's so warm and cosy in my place. So I am making do with what I already have in the fridge, so some colourful and unexpected combinations are arising. Firstly pineapple, passionfruit, goji. Man, this one is full on. Even diluted. I am still deciding whether or not I like pineapple juiced, I found it so satisfying devouring fresh chunks of the fruit which is extreme juicy in its own right and most enjoyable too. Today I sent some fairly ripe conference pears down the shute, followed by Cox's apples, so an orchard blend. Together with ginger root which accompanies everything at this time of year. The juice was extremely sweet, almost syrupy, I conclude this one to be a success as I find pears uninteresting to eat whole. Finally, fresh coriander. I buy the stuff in bunches and chop into salads. It also makes for good juicing material, lending a subtle taste to carrot juice. Reputed benefits include its antibiotic properties and potential to reduce heavy metal toxicity, for more information see below.

http://www.kitchendoctor.com/articles/cilantro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment